Tuesday, May 21, 2013

gettin' ready...

So Justin's gettin' ready to graduate High School!  My..how time flies!!  And I can't quit thinking about when he was younger.  Just all of the little memories I have of him.  They're coming like flashbacks in a movie.  I'll be sitting at my desk or driving and suddenly I'll think of something he did as a child, his first superhero, when he pitched a no hitter, his first touchdown, the first time he passed sacrament, the first time he blessed the sacrament,  his first date, his first dance, etc...
And then I wonder where the time went.  I know I did all I could to make sure I was there for him.  But was it enough?  Should I have done anything differently?  talked with him a little more instead of played on facebook...taken him out on mother/son dates a few more times...called him a little more.  I'll never know if what I did was enough but I do know that he will NEVER know how much of an impact he has been in my life and how he makes us all smile with his quote of every movie line and his silly little jokes.   Life goes by way too fast...and I don't think I like it. 

1 comment:

Janalee said...

I don't like it either Julie. (And I'm afraid I've forgotten many firsts!)